Monsoon is an Ableton Max For Live solution which provides control over the harmony of an entire composition or Live set via live input or recorded notes. It uses a single MIDI track and the notes that track receives through either live MIDI input or recorded MIDI notes to control – in real time – the scales, modes, chords, etc. of all or some of the MIDI tracks in a composition or Live set.
Monsoon offers an ultra-smooth workflow. The user interface is minimal, as it leverages Ableton Live’s native interface and tools to manage user input. In other words, “it just works.”
What can you do with Monsoon?
- Employ a “chord track” to control the entire harmonic content of a composition or Live set via live input or recorded notes.
- Decouple the rhythm and harmony of an entire composition or Live set.
- "Conduct" the harmony of a composition or Live set.
- Effortlessly, playfully, and with limited knowledge of music theory explore western harmony.
- Effortlessly employ modal interchange, chord substitutions, relative major/minor, chord inversions, voice leadings, and more.
- Transpose an entire composition or Live set by mashing buttons like the endless sequencer transposition feature of a popular Swedish hardware device.
Here is a PDF manual.
Here is a video manual.